Wednesday, January 30, 2008

JANUARY 30, 2008

Yesterday Todd had a procedure to drain the fluid in his lungs. The doctors inserted a chest pump to continue the draining process over the next several days. Because Todd had some complications with his heart during surgery, he is now in the Cardiac Care Center Unit. His vitals are much better and they will be monitoring him for a couple days. Todd has a major infection in and around his lungs which he is being treated with antiobiotics. Once we get over the hurdle with his heart and hopefully clear this infection we can then concentrate on his cancer. With the help of a lot of morphin, Todd is resting comfortably.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Boff will be in my thoughts daily. Growing up with Greg was one of the best things that ever happened to me, he certainly added joy to my life. I remember playing b-ball with Greg for the first time in 6th grade at the old Wardlaw gym and this kid was running the court like a grizzled NBA vet. I remember meeting his dad, Dr. Boff, for the first time, him in this long jacket, I wondered what is this guy, Biff's agent?
The Boff family has meant so much to me and always will.

Anonymous said...

I have felt a part of the Boff/Lerman family since the day that Sue Ellen and Todd brought the families together for all of the kids to meet each other. (Over the most memorable hamburger cooked by Sue Ellen that Todd or any of us ever ate!)
It has always been extremely special and proud for me to be a part of your lives.
Over the years I have realized that this family has so many extended members and has made a difference in so many lives.
I cannot stop thinking of the many times together that we have enjoyed.
My greatest wish is for Todd to recover and have the comfort of knowing that he has reached me and more people in a positive way than he could ever imagine.
Love, Ken